Most bumps to the head are minor, and common symptoms that can appear are:
You should seek medical help if any of the above symptoms change into any of the following:
* Severe headache
* Excessive drowsiness (awaken the child at least twice during the night).
* Nausea and/or vomiting
* Double vision, blurred vision, or pupils of different sizes.
* Loss of muscle coordination such as falling down, walking strangely, or staggering.
* Any unusual behavior such as being confused, breathing irregularly, or being dizzy.
* Convulsion * Bleeding or discharge from an ear.