ASSOCIATION MEETINGS and PTA Objectives
August 23-Meet the Teacher Night 5:30-6:30-Food
6:30pm-7:30pm Classroom Visitation
September 3 -Watchdog Kick Off Party
September 10- 2nd grade performs at 7:00pm
October 8-4th grade performs at 7:00pm
October 18- Panther Race
October 28-Nov.-Red Ribbon Week
November 12-3rd grade performs at 7:00pm
December 16-18-Holiday Shop
January 9- Donuts for Dads at 7:30am
January 21-1st grade performs
February 7-Fine Arts Day
March 4-Open House from 6:00pm-7:00pm-Kindergarten performs at 7:00pm
May 6- 5th grade choir performs at 7:00pm
PTA ASSOCIATION MEETINGS
As a PTA member, here is your opportunity to hear information about PTA activities, to vote on budget amendments, and to become a voice for the children of Porter. Meetings begin at 7:00 pm in the cafeteria. PTA members need to sign in at the back of the cafeteria for each child's class. The class in each grade level with the most member signatures will get to display their grade level Porter Panther banner until the next association meeting.
Everything that the Porter PTA sponsors and promotes is based upon the objectives listed below.
* To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
* To raise the standards of home life.
* To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
* To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
* To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.