August 21-Meet the Teacher Night and Community Dinner (5:30-6:30pm)
6:30pm-7:30pm Classroom Visitation
August 24-First day of school
PTA ASSOCIATION MEETINGS
As a PTA member, here is your opportunity to hear information about PTA activities, to vote on budget amendments, and to become a voice for the children of Porter. Meetings begin at 7:00 pm in the cafeteria. PTA members need to sign in at the back of the cafeteria for each child's class. The class in each grade level with the most member signatures will get to display their grade level Porter Panther banner until the next association meeting.
General Assembly Meetings at 6:30pm - Porter Cafe
Everything that the Porter PTA sponsors and promotes is based upon the objectives listed below.
* To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
* To raise the standards of home life.
* To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
* To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
* To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.