Haltom High School Clinic Guidelines
The clinic is here to serve the student as effectively and efficiently as possible. However, due to the size and health needs of the school, some simple guidelines must be followed in order to serve your student with the best possible care.
Students should report to class prior to coming to the clinic and obtain a Hall Pass from their teacher. This avoids being counted absent or tardy. (Not required for an emergency.)
Students are encouraged not to call parents/guardians for an early dismissal from the school due to illness prior to seeing the nurse. The nurse will assess the student's needs and notify parent/guardian by phone when an early dismissal is necessary.
All students will be given an early dismissal from school with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher.
Students who have a history of illness should make prior arrangements for their needs. Individual health care plans, support groups and individualized assistance are priorities for all chronically ill students.
1. You must have a pass from your teacher and ID (visible).
2. Do not come between classes unless it is an emergency.
3. Sign in on the log sheet located in the waiting room. Sit down, be quiet and patiently wait. Do not interrupt the nurse if (s)he is on the phone or seeing other students, faculty, staff or visitors.
4. Give your pass and ID to the nurse when (s)he calls you into the clinic.
5. Be specific about your needs and why you have come to the clinic. If you have a chronic illness or medical diagnosis, inform us immediately.
6. Your needs will all be met. However, this does not necessarily mean you will be sent home.
7. If you are to return to class, your pass will be signed and timed. If you need to go home, the nurse will notify your parent or guardian for permission and give instructions on where to pick you up.
The clinic phones are not for public use. If parents need to be notified for reasons of illness the nurse will call and talk with them.
Please help us assist you by following the above guidelines.