Welcome to the Special Education Department
SPED Department Staff:
Stacy Crawford-Home Room Resource
Ryan Moore - Behavior Support and Inclusion Science, Social Studies and Math
Susan Dean-Resource and Inclusion Reading
Rachel Sanchez - Resource ELA and Inclusion ELA and Math
Cathy Kropf- Resource Math
Our Special Mission:
Maintain Maximum Achievement for EVERY Student
Goal: Students with Special Education services will meet AYP standards of 85% passing Math and 90% passing Reading on the type of STAAR test specified in the IEP.
Strategies and Action Steps:
1. 90% of students with Special Education services will pass their CORE academic classes with 70% mastery or higher utilizing Inclusion support teachers,Resource classes, and Content Mastery services to ensure accommodations and/or modifications are being provided.
2. Students will take the TEKS-based school-wide CBAs or modififed CBAs. Teachers will analyze the data, identify targeted areas of concern and create strategies to address these areas through Content Mastery, re-teaching and/or targeted turorials.
3. Teachers will call parents if students are failing an academic class or fail a CBA and determine if tutorials are needed.
1. Teachers will check grades each week and help students correct missing or failing grades.
2. Teachers will use or create modified CBAs and give at designated times every three weeks or as each academic department decides.
Measure of Effectiveness:
1. Student performance in the classroom using six weeks report card grades.
2. Student performance on TEKS-based school-wide CBAs or modified CBAs.