This page is dedicated to helping teachers, better understand the Rebel Recovery Program.
The new Rebel Recovery program has the following objectives:
- Hold students to a highter level of accountability.
- Decrease teacher workload, particularly at the end of the six weeks.
- Make the system easy enough that we get 100% participation.
- Decrease the academic drag zeroes create so that academic rigor can be increased and we can measure academic achievement more accurately.
- Allow more timely interventions by counselors, assistant principles and parents.
- Decrease the number of interventions necessary by increasing student awareness of their progress.
How do we accomplish these objectives?
- Help parents use the system. Tell parents they can set up their family access page to send them an e-mail notification if their student has absences, grades below a certain point, or missing assignments. They can help remind their own children of missing work and lessen the chance of receiving an unanticipated notification of detention or Saturday School.
- Use Reb Time teachers to distribute missing assignment reports during Reb Time. On Wednesday the students will receive printed notification of all of their missing work from their Reb Time teacher. This should give them time to complete the work before Friday.
- Use Skyward to track and report missing assignments. Simply entering the grades and keeping them up to date is all you need to do to report missing assignments!
- Students who do not complete work on time will be held accountable by the system. We do not have to badger students for work. The system ensures accountability.
- During the last of the six weeks students will not come to see what they are missing. The system will have been telling them and collecting it all along. This is true for tests, projects and daily work.
- Zeroes remaining in Skyward will be justified. Parents, students and administrators will know that we as educators have given students every opportunity to be successful. Compassion and accountability are built into the system.
Download the following link to get instructions for a weekly plan of action.
Download the following link to get instructions Process Reports.
To Download Google Chrome hit the link below!
***Helpful Hint: To open the documents every time you open Google Chrome use the Wrench on the right side of the screen to change the settings to open the Documents you want open.
Links for all Google Docs!