Prekindergarten is available to children three or four years of age on or before September 1 of the school year who meet eligibility requirements in one or more of the following areas:
- Child is unable to speak and comprehend the English language. Language test will be given at registration.
- Child is Economically Disadvantaged – Verification of income required.
- Child is an Active Military Dependent – Military I.D. required
- Child is Homeless. McKinney-Vento form provided at registration.
- Child who is in or ever has been in conservatorship of Department of Family and Protective Services (CPS). Documentation from CPS is required.
Pre-K registration will take place in a centralized location for eligible BISD residents. Only a parent or legal guardian, with I.D. can register child. The specific date a child is to register is determined by the home campus/attendance zone. Registration is on a first-come-first serve basis so plan to register on the specified date according to home campus. All required documents must be presented at time of registration.
For a detailed list of acceptable verification documents and required documents for registration, please see Acceptable Verification Documents on this website.