Prekindergarten is available to eligible children three or four years of age on or before September 1 of the school year who meet eligibility requirements in one or more of the following areas:
Child is unable to speak and comprehend the English language. Language test will be given at registration.
Child is Economically Disadvantaged – Verification of income required.
Child is an Active Military Dependents – Military ID required
Child is Homeless. McKinney-Vento form provided at registration.
Child who is in or ever has been in conservatorship of Department of Family and Protective Services (CPS). Documentation from CPS is required.
Pre-K registration will take place in a centralized location for eligible BISD residents. Only a parent or legal guardian, with ID can register child. It is on a first-come-first serve basis so plan to register on the specified date to assist in securing placement. All required documents must be presented at time of registration.
All Pre-K classes are three hours in length. AM classes are 8:10-11:10 a.m. and PM classes are 12:25-3:25 p.m.
No immunization clinic will be available on site
W.G. Thomas Coliseum
6108 Broadway Avenue
Haltom City, TX 76117
¨ Foster Village El.
¨ Green Valley El.
North Ridge El.
ü Porter El.
¨Walker Creek El.
¨Holiday Heights El.
ü Snow Heights El.
ü Mullendore El.
¨ Jack C. Binion El.
Academy at C.F.Thomas
ü O.H. Stowe El.
¨W.T. Francisco El.
ü D.E. Smith El.
¨Academy at West Birdville
¨Major Cheney at S. Birdville El.
üDESIGNATES SCHOOLS WHO WILL HAVE PK 4 FOR THE 2013 – 2014 SCHOOL YEAR
¨DESIGNATES SCHOOLS WHO WILL HAVE PK 3 AND PK 4 FOR THE 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR
NOTE: You may only register on your neighborhood school’s assigned registration date.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
· Registration is on a first-come-first serve basis.
· Registration will not be completed without ALL required documents.
· If ALL required documents are not provided at time of registration, your place in line will not be held.
NOTE: You may only register on your neighborhood school’s assigned registration date. If the registration date has passed, please contact your neighborhood school for further instructions on how to enroll your child.
NOTE: Not all campuses have a prekindergarten program. Please check the table above carefully for pre-K locations as some locations have changed.
Acceptable Verification Documents:
Student is unable to speak and comprehend the English Language
- Parent completes the Home Language Survey and indicates a language other than English; and
- Campus representative administers an oral language evaluation and determines that the student is limited English proficient.
Student is Economically Disadvantaged
1. Parent completes
- Application for Free and Reduced Meals Program; and
- Provides a copy of Food Stamp or TANF letter indicating amount and current dates; or
- Provides recent written evidence of proof of income; and
Acceptable documentation for earnings (wages and salary) is:
- Current paycheck
- Current pay envelope
- Letter from employer stating gross wages paid and how often they are paid
Acceptable documentation for self-employment income is:
- Business or farming documents, such as ledger books and/or self-issued paycheck stub
- Last year’s tax return
Acceptable documentation for cash income is:
- A letter from the employer stating wages paid and frequency
2. District examines income level documentation and determines if student meets government qualifications as a student who is economically disadvantaged.
Active Military Dependents
Parent must provide military documents indicating that the parent is on active duty with the military, or has been injured or died during active military service.
Student is Homeless
- Parent completes the McKinney-Vento Education Assistance questionnaire; and
- Completed Questionnaire is submitted to Special Services Coordinator Cindy Dubuis for final verification. You may contact Cindy Dubuis at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Student is currently or formerly in conservatorship of Department of Family and Protective Services (CPS)
- Parent must provide documents from the Department of Family and Protective Services (CPS) indicating that the student is currently or formerly placed in their conservatorship following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- Registration is on a first-come-first serve basis.
- Registration will not be completed without ALL required documents.
- If ALL required documents are not provided at time of registration, your place in line will not be held.