Prekindergarten (half-day) is available to children three or four years of age on or before September 1 of the school year who meet eligibility requirements in one or more of the following areas:
· Child is unable to speak and comprehend the English language. Language test will be given at registration.
· Child is Economically Disadvantaged – Verification of income required.
· Child is an Active Military Dependent – Military I.D. required
· Child is Homeless. McKinney-Vento form provided at registration.
· Child who is in or ever has been in conservatorship of Department of Family and Protective Services (CPS). Documentation from CPS is required.
BISD follows T.E.A. Prekindergarten Curriculum Guidelines which include the following skill domains: social and emotional development; language and communication; emergent literacy reading; emergent literacy writing; mathematics; science; social studies; fine arts; physical development and technology.
The Prekindergarten program follows the same calendar as the district. Once enrolled, Prekindergarten students are required to adhere to the State Compulsory Attendance Law. There are no tuition charges; however, there may be a supply list that can be picked up from the home campus. For more information contact your neighborhood school.
If you have any questions or comments, contact Dr. Sharon Heier at (817) 547-5730 or email Sharon